Your driveway is an important home feature that serves both functional and aesthetic needs. The right driveway can provide years of care-free maintenance and increase your home’s curb appeal and property value. Why not consider a new tar and chip driveway for your Annapolis home?
What is a Tar and Chip Driveway?
A tar and chip driveway is constructed with asphalt and crush stone. First, a hot liquid mix of asphalt is applied to a new gravel base or to your existing driveway if it’s in good condition. Next, one or two layers of crushed stone such as aggregate rock, bluestone, granite or limestone is added, spread evenly and compacted down. The finished result is a driveway with stunning appeal and long-term use.
Advantages of Tar and Chip Driveways
Although there are various material options for your driveway, tar and chip materials provide numerous advantages and benefits for your home:
* Natural Appearance – The crushed stone top surface provides a beautiful and natural look. You can customize your driveway with a crushed stone that compliments the architectural features and colors on your Maryland home.
* Lower Costs – Although a tar and chip driveway is more expensive than gravel, it’s considerably less expensive than asphalt and other driveway materials.
* Lower Maintenance – A tar and chip driveway is maintenance-free. It doesn’t have to be regularly sealed like other materials. In warm weather, the tar heats up and naturally fills in any cracks.
* Better Traction – Crushed stones provide a rough service that improves traction for your cars.
* Durability – A tar and chip driveway provides a durable, maintenance-free surface that will last up to 10 years without re-surfacing.
If you’re considering a new driveway for your Maryland home, contact us at Cooper Paving for a free estimate. We’ve been providing paving services to the greater Annapolis area since 1958.